Birthday: 6/13/1951, the
Age: 63 years
Place of birth: Gothenberg, Sweden
Height: 191 cm
Skarsgard now selling like hot cakes. He claimed, authors and directors (the main male role in the legendary “Timecode” Mike Figgis, where the action is developed on four screens simultaneously) and Hollywood (see. Blockbusters “The Hunt for ‘Red October,” “Amistad,” Spielberg’s “Good Will Hunting “” Ronin, “” Deep Blue Sea “and” The House on the Turkish street “the famous Bob Reyfelsona). Now Skarsgard busy starring in a deliberately intriguing prequel – the film-history – the cult horror film” The Exorcist. “In Cannes to Yuri Gladilschikov talk to him.
Favorite of the current Cannes Film Festival – Film Dane Lars von Trier’s “Dogville” (see. “Izvestia” Past Tuesday and Thursday). Almost all of the roles in “Dogville” Star Game – by 40-50 Hollywood legend Lauren Bacall’s legend to Hollywood 70 James Caan. Home – Nicole Kidman. Of course, and I got the role of a permanent actor von Trier Swede Stellan Skarsgard – the same one that has become for many the opening of the film “Breaking the Waves” (as his partner Emily Watson). Skarsgard now selling like hot cakes. He claimed, authors and directors (the main male role in the legendary “Timecode” Mike Figgis, where the action is developed on four screens simultaneously) and Hollywood (see. Blockbusters “The Hunt for ‘Red October,” “Amistad,” Spielberg’s “Good Will Hunting “” Ronin, “” Deep Blue Sea “and” The House on the Turkish street “the famous Bob Reyfelsona). Now Skarsgard busy starring in a deliberately intriguing prequel – the film-history – the cult horror film” The Exorcist. “In Cannes to it talked columnist “Izvestia” Yuri Gladilschikov.
– Some mrachnenky left you “Dogville”.
– Yeah. Even sex with Nicole Kidman – is when my character is the severe it imposes unwanted relationship, almost without taking off his pants – and he turned out to be bleak. Alas! Such is the truth of life is indescribable black!
– What you withdraw from von Trier?
– To do this, one must have a certain degree of courage. But this work always brings tremendous enthusiasm. Very refreshing when you work on something completely new in style and themes, especially when you do it in a big team of actors who also never like that before did (sometimes for 50-60-year career).
– But you nevertheless shoot and in Hollywood movies, mostly very large, which certainly will not give you such a pleasant artistic experience.
– Oh, I could not survive financially, making films only with Lars. Oh, this is something you believe me (laughs).
– You specifically with the efforts to break into Hollywood?
– No, as a matter of happened that I was invited to appear, and on more leading roles. Now I am quite satisfied with the situation, when I make it easier for themselves in the physical and creative sense, work in Hollywood, actors require different reactions and serious happening in the same Lars.
– In any case, you should admit that you do not shoot in the Hollywood stuff. I suppose not actively like “Good Will Hunting”, but still it did neryadovoe director Gus Van Sant. Once you are connected to America, I can not but ask what you think about the US reaction to the “Dogville”? The American press now scolds the movie because it sees the criticism of America, even more so – by the director, who has never been there.
– I am personally quite happy with this response. “Dogville” is considered as an anti-American thing? This in itself is interesting – though frightening! Because today in the United States, a country that I love, the people that I like, at least the part of it that does not support Bush, there is a government that has managed to establish censorship. Create a situation in which, if you criticize them – you are not a patriot. This is very dangerous, especially since the media have agreed to such a setting, and actively adapt instructions. Version of reality CNN – it is a separate version of reality. The American version of the reality – separate from the rest of the world versions. What is it? It’s just like it was in the Soviet Union.
– Let’s return to “Dogville”. It was a different experience for you than “Breaking the Waves”?
– Very different. Lars himself stood behind the camera (he was in his own film is not the main, but an ordinary operator. – “News”). This allowed him even more to set the pace of shooting. He sometimes specially created on-set atmosphere with a very low energy, in which it is almost impossible to play, for example, the sex scenes. And here comes a scene of blackmail and even rape, and Lars breaks away from the camera and says, “Are you trying to play a romantic comedy?” This immediately plant. As a result, he sought small pieces of authentic revelation when he and the actors knew: “Oh, it seems to get really interesting!”
– How did you come to Lars?
– Once upon a time back in the mid ’80s, I saw his first film “Elements of Crimes” and immediately realized that this guy – very interesting director. But even his “Europe” early ’90s, the picture is very talented in terms of technique and skill, it remained cold, mertvovatoy. He was sitting at home, and all-all invented himself: from design to the movement of the actors in the scene, the actors’ reactions. It leaves no room for life. But then he changed. He freed the actors. It’s rare these directors of our time, who knows how to work with actors. When I read the script, “Breaking the Waves”, a film about sin, I said to him: “But it’s a melodrama!” – “Yes!” – He replied cheerfully. If this film is not penetrated life, the result would come out awful. But life there penetrated. Today I trust Lars throughout. That feeling when the relationship actor – director fantastic. After all, the worst thing – this is when an actor can not be sure what will look good in the movie – not in terms of appearance (though often in terms of appearance, too), but in terms of what and how he played. Lars you always play well.
– Could you tell about exiting the prequel “Exorcist”?
– We have not seen the final cut. The fact that Hollywood filmmakers often make the installation, and then rework it. What I’ve seen so far, this is our version. Who knows, maybe in her blood and then added horror. But it’s good that the film was shooting Paul Schrader – I love his paintings, such as “Auto Focus.”
– You may have appeared in two sequels, “Dogville”.
– To tell the truth, I’ve read the script of the second film written by Lars, and there is no role for me. But I’m sure he will come up with anything beyond that I did again he played.
Stellan Skarsgard wallpapers for your PC, Iphone, Android Device or Tablet PC. If you want to download Stellan Skarsgard High Quality wallpapers for your desktop, please download this wallpapers below and click «set as desktop background». You can share this wallpaper in social networks, we will be very grateful to you