Date of birth: 03/07/1971 Year
Age: 44 year
Place of birth: London, UK
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 55 kg
The actress from the UK, won the prize of the American Film Academy.
Rachel Weisz was born in London on March 7, 1971. Her father, George Weisz, an ethnic Jew, born in Hungary, and subsequently became an inventor. Together with his family he fled to England to escape persecution by the Nazis. Rachel’s mother, Edith, was born in Vienna, according to some sources, in the Catholic, on the other, to a Jewish family.
Weiss studied English literature at Cambridge University. During training, she participated in various student productions, and was one of the founders of the student drama troupe called Cambridge Talking Tongues
Participation in the movies
A role that brought her success was staged the play called West End in 1995 at the Theatre Gielgud Theatre. At that time, Rachel was already experience in television, she continued her career in the same year in the movie “Chain Reaction”, after which she starred in Bernardo Bertolucci’s “Stealing Beauty.” This was followed by other English movies with her participation, such as “The Mummy” (1999) and “Constantine: Lord of Darkness” (2005).
In 2005, Weisz starred in “The Constant Gardener”, which is based on the eponymous book by John le Carre. For his role in this film, in 2006, she was awarded the “Golden Globe” in the category “Best Actress”. Also, the film was nominated for “Oscar” in several categories, including the award for “Best Actress”. Rachel and received the award for his work in the film.
At the end of 2006 on the world’s screens out the film “The Fountain”, written and directed by her fianc? Darren Aronofsky. In addition, the summer of 2006, Weiss started to shoot the film “My Blueberry Nights” cult director Wong Carvey. The film was released in 2007
2006 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, “The Constant Gardener” (Film Academy USA); A Golden Globe for Supporting Actress, “The Constant Gardener” (Golden Globes, USA);
2005 Award “Independent Spirit” for Best Actress in “The Constant Gardener” (British Independent Film Awards) ;.
Interesting biographical facts:
– The father of Rachel inventor, his mother a psychoanalyst. Parents were forced to leave Hungary to England to escape persecution by the Nazis (the father of Rachel Jew);
– I studied English literature at Cambridge.
– Currently (2007) is engaged to director Darren Aronofsky, has a daughter from him.
– 14 years was a model. But we notice it after a theatrical piece “Design For Living”, which received an award from critics. After that she was able to play in a film Bertolucci “Stealing Beauty” and film career took off;
– Her name is pronounced “Weiss”;
– At the time the university was a radical feminist
1. Definitely, Maybe / (2008)
2. Brother s Bloom, The / (2008)
3. My Blueberry Nights / (2007)
4. Fred Claus / (2007)
5. Fountain, The / (2006)
6. Constant Gardener, The / (2005)
7. Constantine / (2005)
8. Envy / (2004)
9. Runaway Jury / (2003) + Marley
10. Confidence / (2003)
11. About a Boy / (2002)
12. Mummy Returns, The / (2001)
13. Enemy At The Gates / (2001)
14. Mummy, The / (1999)
15. Sunshine / (1998)
16. Going All The Way / (1997)
17. Swept From The Sea / (1997)
18. Chain Reaction / (1996)
19. Stealing beauty / (1995)
Rachel Weisz wallpapers for your PC, Iphone, Android Device or Tablet PC. If you want to download Rachel Weisz High Quality wallpapers for your desktop, please download this wallpapers below and click «set as desktop background». You can share this wallpaper in social networks, we will be very grateful to you